[Framers] I need a "hat" in an equation

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:05:32 PDT 2016

One of my engineers gave me a Word document that has an equation I need to
reproduce in Frame. One of the letters in that equation is a capital W with
what Word describes as a "hat". Essentially, it look like a left angle
bracket rotated 90 degrees to point up that has been placed over the W. It
is VERY visible.

I cannot figure out how to reproduce it. I've tried using the equation
editor's diacritic marks, but the mark is too small and too high above the
letter. I've tried using the W-character-with-the-circumflex, but again,
the mark is too small to see, and this time it's close enough to the letter
that it's hard to distinguish it. I thought about using repositioning to
move a larger angle over the letter, but I can't find anything like that in
the character sets (still looking).

Anyone have any ideas? Getting MathML isn't an option. If worse comes to
worst, I'll screenshot the bloody thing, but I hate doing that sort of
workaround. It feels sloppy.

--
Lin Sims