[Framers] I need a "hat" in an equation

Patrick Edwards edwards at iodp.tamu.edu
Fri May 20 09:30:01 PDT 2016

I'm an idiot who didn't read for comprehension, you said you already tried that, apologies.

Patrick

>>> "Patrick Edwards" <edwards at iodp.tamu.edu> 5/20/2016 11:20 AM >>>

That sounds like "latin capital letter w with circumflex":

Unicode Character 'LATIN CAPITAL LETTER W WITH CIRCUMFLEX' (U+0174)
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0174/index.htm

Just use the character palette to insert this character using a typeface containing this glyph, such as Times New Roman or Arial Unicode MS.

Patrick H. Edwards
Production Editor and Web Administrator
International Ocean Discovery Program
JOIDES Resolution Science Operator
Texas A&M University
1000 Discovery Drive
College Station TX  77845-9547
979 845 1199
edwards at iodp.tamu.edu

>>> "Monique Semp" <monique.semp at earthlink.net> 5/20/2016 11:13 AM >>>
> One of my engineers gave me a Word document that has an equation I need to
reproduce in Frame. One of the letters in that equation is a capital W with
what Word describes as a "hat". Essentially, it look like a left angle
bracket rotated 90 degrees to point up that has been placed over the W. It
is VERY visible.

Do you mean a "W" with a caret? If the equation would still be valid (that
is, "W" is arbitrary, not denoting a specific entity that's normally denoted
by "W"), FrameMaker has symbols for all the vowels-with-carets:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/10.0/Using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7862b-7ff0.html.

I haven't yet found how to add the caret to non-vowels...

-Monique

Send messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com
Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com

Send messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com