[Framers] I need a "hat" in an equation

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Fri May 20 13:02:50 PDT 2016

My preference is to use TeX/LaTeX to produce a pdf of the equation. To
be honest, I never really had a lot of joy with Frame's equation editor
and the output from TeX is far superior to most other tools.

You can make your learning curve shallower by using one of the many
online LaTeX equation tools. They all do pretty much the same thing
because they all use pretty much the same binaries to do it with.

Without thorough testing, this tool seems to provide what I would be
looking for (direct input of TeX code, pdf output, some examples):
https://www.latex4technics.com

Here is where you can learn about writing the code:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Mathematics

Here is a link to all the symbols you might want (all 14032 of them)
http://tug.ctan.org/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf
Go to page 100 to find the hat code and other diacritics. e.g. \hat{W}
vs \mathring{W} or \bar{a}

Alan

--
Dr Alan Litchfield