[Framers] more non-responsive pods - Reset Workspace might help

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Tue May 24 13:53:53 PDT 2016

Short story/theory:
* Resetting the workspace might fix things with respect to non-responsive
pods.

Long story:

All of a sudden yesterday, the FrameMaker 2015 pods, which have been stable
and placed in the same positions/tab groups for months and months (on the
right: top tab group for the .book file; middle tab group for
char/para/table catalogs/designers; bottom tab group for Cross References,
Text Insets, Variables, and Conditions pods—yes, I have a big monitor that
enables reasonable usability space for three stacked tab groups: 2560x1600
:-) all of a sudden all disappeared, except for the .book file !

I've gradually added them back as I need them, and just today I noticed that
the Cross Reference and Text Inset pods are non-responsive, as Keith Soltys
described. But when I move the pods out of the group, the pods are again
responsive.

Unlike Keith, I haven't deliberately changed/moved any of the pods/tab
groups, so I don't know what caused them to disappear and to be
non-responsive when re-added. But something sure went haywire. So I just
tried resetting the workspace and (again) rearranging things as I want, and
now things seem to be all working again. I don't know how long this fix will
work, or if it actually isn't fixed, but time will tell.

And like Keith, I hope that this saves someone else some time.

-Monique