[Framers] Grouping books, generated lists, and cross-references

Eric_Isaacson at selinc.com Eric_Isaacson at selinc.com
Wed May 25 13:49:54 PDT 2016

Hi. I'm working in unstructured Frame 12 on Windows 7. We have 2 sets of
book files, each with a set of generated lists, and we want to be able to
add cross-references from files in one book to files in the other book AND
then be able to create one PDF with everything from both books with
working cross-reference links. What we found is that the numbering gets
all screwy and the cross-references aren't working either. I saw old posts
regarding the child book option (and which we discovered did not work as
we thought it might), and my tests involving folders and groups yielded
the same or similar results.

I think what we want to do just isn't possible, but wanted to check with
the experts to see if there is a way. Thanks.

Eric Isaacson
Product Literature Manager
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
selinc.com