[Framers] condition indicator for table rows - suppress from PDF ?

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu May 26 11:43:55 PDT 2016

Hi Framers,

There is no built-in way of doing this, but this can be done with ExtendScript, which is built into FrameMaker 10 and above. Here is the basic idea: certain FrameMaker "events" can be used to trigger a script. There are quite a few of these events, but for this task, we use an event that occurs right after you dismiss the Save As PDF dialog box and one that happens after Distiller is done making the PDF. When the first event is triggered, we tell the script to turn off condition indicators and after the second event is triggered, we turn them back on. Once the script is installed, it is all transparent to the user. Of course, if you ever want your condition indicators to show in the PDF, you have to temporarily disable the script. But if your default is to not show them in the PDF, then this script is your answer.

I am making the script available in exchange for a donation to my Ride for Roswell 102 mile ride. The ride benefits the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Donate any amount of $25 or higher and I will send you the script and instructions on how to use it. Here is the URL to my ride page:

http://give.roswellpark.org/goto/rickquatro

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.