[Framers] How to video: FM2015 and Responsive HTML5

Bernard Aschwanden (Publishing Smarter) bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Fri May 27 09:20:35 PDT 2016

Working with conditional content? Need a better way to deliver than "2
similar, but different PDF files"?

Imagine this:

You create a doc that compares 2 products. For example, you may start with a
title that reads "Working with Microsoft WordAdobe FrameMaker". Then body
content after it that is similar, but has some content unique to one tool or
the other.

Create a condition and apply it to the words. Then you get this (exaggerated
differences in format by me):

Working with Microsoft WordAdobe FrameMaker

To create a PDF you select/deselect conditions to show and create 2 PDF
files. One is "Working with Microsoft Word" and the other is "Working with
Adobe FrameMaker".

That's okay, but not great.

Instead, you can deliver web content using Responsive HTML5. Then users can
toggle a filter to show one OR the other.

If you want to see how to use FM2015 to create content that is HTML5, and
that allows users to pick/choose what they see, check my video. It's free,
uses entirely default content, and anyone can re-create what is in it within
a few minutes (the video is under 15 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvzzl51jYZc

This video supports a 1 hour session I delivered at STC Summit in Anaheim a
few weeks ago at Adobe Day. I wanted to ensure that others who can benefit
from it see this in action. It's a pretty cool feature.

Hope it helps.

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden

Owner/Operator