[Framers] How to video: FM2015 and Responsive HTML5

Norton, Michael Michael.Norton at pega.com
Tue May 31 05:43:30 PDT 2016

Thanks for the presentation Bernard. I can think of one way to use that in the products I document. I do have a couple of questions, however.

In your example it seemed as if the user would open a "default" HTML5 Help that had both Word and FrameMaker information. The user would then choose between Word or FrameMaker and then see the appropriate content. The initial view, however, would not be useful to the user because it showed both sets of content merged together.

Is there a way to make, for instance, the Word information the default and then give the user the option of switching to the Frame (and other sets of content if applicable)?

And also, can the HTML5 Help system remember your choice and make it the default the next time you open that Help system?

Lead Technical Writer, Robotics and Workforce Intelligence |  Pegasystems Inc.
Office: +1.678.527.5214  | Email: michael.norton at pega.com<mailto:michael.norton at pega.com> |  www.pega.com<http://www.pega.com/>