[Framers] Import script for portions of Word documents

Scott Prentice sp14 at leximation.com
Tue May 31 15:08:09 PDT 2016

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to have the ExtendScript open up the
Word doc in FM, then locate the portion you're interested in, copy it to
the clipboard and paste it into the FM file (and close the Word doc
without saving).

A bit clunky, but certainly doable.

You'd need some type of delimiter to identify the start/end points of
the portion of the Word doc. That could be a para or char tag or it
could be a unique string that identifies these points. Maybe even a
marker of some type. As long as you're just copying the text and not
trying to preserve any (random?) formatting, it should work. Getting the
formatting to stick would be trickier.

Cheers,
...scott