[Framers] Find/change problems in large documents

Weckman Mari Mari.Weckman at almamedia.fi
Tue May 31 16:51:44 PDT 2016

Hi,

We are using structured FrameMaker for law editing and some of the documents are extremely large, nearly 3 MB though they include only text.

Are there some restrictions to the size of the documents in which FrameMaker’s Find&Change should work?

Or are there restrictions to the length of the string that can be searched via Find&Change?

Peculiar thing is that some days we manage to work all day long with Find/Change and some days it stops working after just a few times and says nothing is found.

We use FrameMaker version 10 via Citrix but the same problem also exists using FrameMaker locally.

With kind regards,

Mari Weckman

Editor’s assistant

Talentum Pro / Alma Talent

mari.weckman at almamedia.fi
Itämerenkatu 23, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
PL 920, 00101 Helsinki, Finland

http://www.almamedia.fi/en/<http://www.almamedia.fi/en/homepage>homepage<http://www.almamedia.fi/en/homepage>

www.talentumpro.fi<http://www.talentumpro.fi/>

haku.suomenlaki.com<http://haku.suomenlaki.com/>