[Framers] ExtendScript: StyleTag property returns "undefined"

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Nov 3 11:23:14 PDT 2016

Hello Framers and Adobe,

I am trying to access the Object Style that is applied to a particular
graphic in my document. Unfortunately, ExtendScript reports this property as
"undefined." To test this, create a graphic and apply an Object Style to it.
Select the graphic and run the following code:

#target framemaker
var doc = app.ActiveDoc;
var graphic = doc.FirstSelectedGraphicInDoc;
alert (graphic.StyleTag);

The alert will display "undefined" instead of the Object Style name.

This works with FrameScript and the FDK, but not with ExtendScript.

Can someone from Adobe confirm this? I would love to get an updated dll that
fixes this. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.