[Framers] cross-ref color for printed and electronic documents

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Nov 14 13:56:45 PST 2016

Does anyone know if there is a specific color to choose to color
cross-references in Framemaker so that, when printed in black and
white from the resulting PDF, the color is not significantly
different than surrounding black text? My thought is to provide
customers who purchase a product's PDF the added value of colored
cross-references while ensuring that customers who purchase a B&W
hardcopy are not distracted by a change in the crossferences' look.
Because there are a zillion different cross-ref formats, I do not
wish to create a separate set of formats for PDF and hardcopy.

Carol