[Framers] Windows XP versus Windows Explorer (Ding!)

Tino H. Haida info at heiko-haida.de
Wed Nov 16 12:22:29 PST 2016

... Yes, this is weird.

Win 7 locks folders when you work with them in certain applications
(Acrobat, FrameMaker), but also with the normal Win Explorer.
The Explorer puts an invisible "thumbs.db" file into folders that have
been opened and keeps them locked.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2025703

This problem did not occur with WIN XP (as far as I remember). But if
other colleagues are also working with the same files this may be the
reason. Or maybe the server OS keeps the files locked.

Best Regards -- Tino Haida