[Framers] Toggling Condition Indicators Individually

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Thu Nov 17 13:56:52 PST 2016

Have you thought of displaying these and other useful reminders, hints,
keys, legends, indicators, etc., in header/footer or other non-main-content
areas on master pages? You can contain them in anchored frames whose parent
paragraph was conditionalized so that a single show/hide command would be
the only action needed. This "master" condition name and a brief
instruction could be displayed in a non-printing color, so it would always
be visible.

This is one missing FrameMaker feature that, IIRC, has never been
requested, namely a place to display such info outside the main content
area. Layout applications, like InDesign, offer such non-printing bleed and
slug areas. In FM, the convention has been, when needed, to design oversize
pages and use cropping marks.

HTH