[Framers] Who's in charge?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Tue Nov 29 10:31:09 PST 2016

First rule of FrameMaker: use only paragraph and character tags to
format your text.

Second rule of FrameMaker: use only paragraph and character tags to
format your text.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Dennis Brunnenmeyer
<dennis.brunnenmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I want to change the color of the text in a paragraph designer, do I need
> to create a new character format or a new paragraph format?

Depends on whether you want to apply the color to part of a paragraph
or the whole paragraph.

Generally speaking, you don't want to be creating tags on the fly. You
want to design a template with the minimum number of tags.