[Framers] Who's in charge?

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennis.brunnenmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:50:49 PST 2016

Hi everyone...

I must admit that I'm overwhelmed by the number of kind and helpful
of my first posting. I'm relearning the application, having once
produced a very nice User's Manual in or around 2007. It's been an
arduous climb back up the learning curve after 9 years, but thanks to
all of you, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I don't have the means, unfortunately, to upgrade to FrameMaker 8, 9 or
beyond.  That said, I have no need to backsave anything from FM 7.2, so
that isn't an issue. I am curious, though, about the statement below
that UTF-8 can cause some problems in 7.2 other than with backsaving.
Are there issues with this within a FM 7.2-only  environment?

Also, since everyone has unanimously suggested that one should avoid
using the Formatting Bar and even the shortcuts via key strokes, I
assume that means that paragraph tabs should only be configured in the
Paragraph Designer.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.

Dennis....