[Framers] Adobe Licensing/Installation Rant

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Oct 17 10:28:04 PDT 2016

Since Adobe monitors this list, hopefully this will get someone to pull
their head out of their backside and provide customer service!!! I have a
legally purchased fully licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat XI. I am having to
set up a new laptop, which includes my Adobe products (which I want to do
about as much as Custer wanted another Indian!). I deactivated my
installation of Acrobat XI on my old laptop and I am attempting to install
Acrobat XI on my new laptop. The installation appears to be going just fine
and then blam. . . I get a message about having to rollback the installation
and the installation is rolled back and nuked and I get the message that the
installation was unable to complete, but absolutely NO error code/nothing to
assist or hint as to what is the issue.

I am installing on a Windows 7 64-bit Dell E6420 Latitude that has MORE than
enough RAM for what I am installing. (and that's exactly the setup of my old
laptop on which I deactivated the copy.)

I tried to call Adobe support, but after I get through IVR h*ll, and follow
all the prompts correctly, I get the absolutely useless message that Adobe
does NOT provide phone support for my product. Really???? Why is this? So,
of course, I have to resort to chat and after 35 minutes of frustration with
the "helpful" Adobe CSR, I gave up.  . .

First, email is NOT the way to go bluntly with the language barrier that I
was experiencing, and second, the dude was obviously multi-tasking because
there were many lapses of several minutes during our useless chat where he
did not respond at all to my inquiries or acknowledge that I had provided
him the requested information.

Really Adobe, this is how you treat someone who has been a customer since
'96???

I need help troubleshooting this installation and getting it up and running
- there should NOT be an issue with what is supposed to be a plug and play
installation from a CD and with a valid license number.

Tammy Van Boening
Owner/Principal
Spectrum Writing, LLC
www.spectrumwritingllc.com
TammyVB  *AT*  spectrumwritingllc  *DOT*  com