[Framers] Adobe Licensing/Installation Rant

Tammy Van Boening tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Oct 17 11:37:23 PDT 2016

Hi all,

OK, I received several offlist replies and here is the one that solved the
issue:

Yes, I do have Framemaker 10 installed on the same laptop. And yes, during
the installation of Acrobat Pro XI, I did the receive message that I have
received like 6 times before when setting up new systems about Acrobat Pro
finding the Adobe PDF Maker plugin on the system (installed as part of
Framemaker 10) and to go ahead with the installation, I would need to click
Continue to uninstall the PDF Maker plugin and continue with the
installation of Acrobat XI. I clicked Continue - like I said, I have done
this setup many, many times before in the process of setting up a new system
and never had had problems in the past.

Well, apparently, sometimes, in that rare "blue moon" period, this uninstall
does NOT go cleanly and that prevents Acrobat XI from being installed, and
you get the rollback message and the message about the failure to uninstall,
but nothing about what is causing the  issue.

So, I used Revo Uninstaller Pro 3 to do a forced uninstall of anywhere and
everywhere that little remnants of this plugin could be found, then rebooted
and then tried the installation again, and voila! It worked - sped through
like a charm and like I had always seen in the past.

Because I had NEVER run into this issue before, I would have never thought
to consider this a problem.

Thank you to my offlist savior and on to more fun with Adobe deactivations
and installations. . .  I will make a great asylum patient in a haunted
house after all of this.

TVB