[Framers] OT: Adobe Tool Question

Mike Wickham mewickham at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 09:39:12 PDT 2016

Yes, it can still be an issue on Windows, if you are unaware of the
steps necessary to prevent automatic conversion from CMYK to RGB. The
latest versions of FrameMaker have improved CMYK support built-in, but
there are still reports of it being tricky. So I have stuck with using
EPS for graphics. FrameMaker passes EPS around the Windows GDI,
eliminating the potential of unexpected CMYK to RGB or Pantone to RGB
conversions by Windows. I don't use Pantone colors, so someone else
would have to comment on the details of using them.

It's also important to be sure that Acrobat isn't set to convert colors.

Mike Wickham