[Framers] Retaining paragraph formats when removing structure

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Sep 13 13:37:46 PDT 2016

Hello Framers,

I am working on a bunch of structured FrameMaker files that were imported
from XHTML files. The target is going to be a bunch of unstructured
FrameMaker files. I am using the EDD to apply the correct paragraph and
character formats based on the structure. For example, I am using the EDD to
apply Bullet1 to my ol > li elements. However, when I remove the structure
from the flow, the Bullet1 format doesn't stick: it becomes li1, or
something like that. Other formats are changed as well, although it seems
restricted to list elements.

I have done this many times with other structured files and the formats I
assign always stick, even after the structure is removed. Is there some kind
of setting in the application or EDD that I have to set? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-366-4017