[Framers] SOLVED: Publish error message

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Sep 20 08:05:03 PDT 2016

OK, I figured out the problem. I have a program that I wrote called
SmartLauncher that automatically launches the correct version of FrameMaker
when you double click on a .fm file. I wrote this because I work with
clients with various FrameMaker versions so I have 6 versions of FrameMaker
installed on my computer. So my .fm, .book, and .mif file associations were
changed to point to the SmartLauncher program. Apparently, this causes
problems with the Publish feature. When I change the file associations back
to FrameMaker and restart FrameMaker, Publish works.

Rick