[Framers] Print .fms continuously on page?

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 20 10:28:48 PDT 2016

> it appears Groups or Folders are my best bet.

Just be sure to choose carefully. I was just looking at the Help for this
yesterday, and here's an extract, for FrameMaker 2015:

---
You can create groups in a book file. Like folders, groups are also logical
containers in a book file;
they do not exist on the disk. The difference between a group and a folder
is that a group does not
change the hierarchy of the files within it. Also you cannot set up
numbering styles for a group.

For example, the chapter number increments sequentially if the chapter is in
a group. For files organized
under a folder, the chapter number remains the same but the section number
can increment
sequentially. You cannot explicitly change the chapter number for files in a
folder as the files inherit
this property from the folder.
---

And right after the Folders and Groups info, there's info for "Add a child
book", which might also serve complex numbering requirements. But probably
they'd not handle the continuous printing requirements you need. Just
completing the list of related multi-file mechanisms.

HTH,
-Monique