[Framers] Contract Job in Waltham, MA

M Lee marthaleenc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:14:13 PDT 2016

Hi All,

My company is looking for a contract technical writer to help with an
upcoming release.  I seem to recall that I cannot attach a file to a
listserve email, so I'm pasting the content of the job listing below.

Thanks.

Martha Lee
Coventor, Inc.

*Contract Technical Writer for 3D Modeling Software Documentation –
Waltham, MA*We are seeking an experienced technical writer to help us
document the next major release of our advanced semiconductor fabrication
modeling and electrical analysis software. We have made a large change to
the user interface and work flow for the upcoming release. The work will
focus on updating existing end-user reference manuals and tutorials to
reflect the new user interface, and may include documenting some new
features and capabilities. You will have full access to our in-house team,
which includes software developers, quality engineers, field engineers, and
our staff technical writer. The release is scheduled for the end of March
2017 at which time all documentation must be completed, with the potential
for earlier alpha and beta releases with draft versions of the
documentation included.

*Work Description and Expectations*

   - Understand the new user interface and work flow, seeking help from our
   in-house team as needed.
   - Modify or rewrite existing reference manuals and tutorials to reflect
   the new user interface and work flow.
   - Use our issue tracking database to report software defects identified
   during the course of your work.
   - Correct documentation errors and omissions reported in our issue
   tracking database.
   - Provide feedback and recommendations on improving the documentation.
   - Produce documentation that conforms to our style guide and document
   templates.
   - Produce documentation in FrameMaker format following our markup
   conventions.
   - Proofread documentation produced by other writers.

*Required Qualifications*

   - Must have substantial, relevant experience producing end-user
   documentation for engineering or scientific applications software, provable
   through providing writing samples.
   - At least 3 references who can verify your work experience.
   - A good understanding of the publishing process from FrameMaker to pdf
   format.
   - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

*Preferred Qualifications*

   - Familiarity with semiconductor fabrication technology and terminology.
   - Graphic design and illustration skills

You will be engaged as a contractor or consultant on an hourly basis.
Please email a cover letter and resume to job1854 at coventor.com.