[Framers] Why do my ohm symbols keep turning into capital O?

shuttie27 shuttie27 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 14:08:27 PDT 2017

Hello Lin. A few thoughts that may go some of the way to clearing up the mystery. Forgive me if these are already familiar to you.1. What you call the ohm symbol is actually the Greek capital omega.2. Adobe Myriad Pro does indeed include a glyph for this as well as other Greek capitals.3. However, ASCII 0234 is not a capital omega. In fact the ASCII table contains no Greek letters at all. ASCII 0234 is an e with a circumflex accent.4. The Unicode code for capital omega is, as Rob said, U3A9.
All these being so, I would try inserting the correct code using the character palette and see what happens then.
Seems to me the real mystery is why Alt 0234 inserts an omega in the first place!
Hope this helps somewhat.
Roger

Sent from my tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Lin Sims <ljsims.ml at gmail.com> Date: 28/04/2017  16:20  (GMT+00:00) To: Frame Users <framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: [Framers] Why do my ohm symbols keep turning into capital O?
I use the Alt+234 key sequence to insert Ω into my documents. Why do they
keep turning into capital O?

FrameMaker 12
Windows 7
Font: Myriad Pro