[Framers] Can the opening banner in FM11 be hacked

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Aug 2 11:03:27 PDT 2017

You're asking too much :-). You can't configure FrameMaker to only store
.book files as recently visited. Here is a suggestion:

1) Create a small text file with the list of the paths to the books you want
to access. Put in somewhere easy to get to, like your Desktop.

2) Create a shortcut to your maker.ini on the Desktop.

3) Before launching FrameMaker, copy the paths to your books to the
maker.ini file and save it.

Now when you launch FrameMaker, the recently visited list should just show
your books.

This is probably not the best way to do this; you are probably better to
create a batch file that will launch your books. Or, create a Windows
library and add the .book files to it.

Rick