[Framers] Embedding attachments in FM that remain attachments when PDF'd

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Thu Aug 3 09:31:46 PDT 2017

   I forgot to mention that there's a pretty rough usability issue with
   hotspot linking to an embedded PDF: Unless you define it so that it
   opens in a new tab or Acrobat/Reader window (if a PDF) then the only
   way a user can navigate 'back' is with Alt+Left Arrow. I cannot find
   any way to add a "Back" and "Forward" button to the toolbar (and end
   users likely wouldn't either, if such toolbar buttons are not visible
   by default!).

   Oh, and the Alt+Left Arrow only works in Acrobat, not Reader. (Seems
   Reader will open in a new tab, so not so bad...)

   Of course, any attachments that open in other applications will
   generate new windows, between which a user could easily navigate.

   HTH;

   David