[Framers] Frame 2017 users - oddity in overline chara style and HTML5 output questions

Wroblewski, Victoria victoria.wroblewski at necect.com
Mon Aug 14 10:42:33 PDT 2017

Hello!

We just moved from Frame 12 to 2017.  Discovered an odd thing last week when outputting books to PDF.  Our paragraph styles for table and figure names use numbering, and a character format that applies "overline" in the style.  All looks fine in Framemaker, but when you output to PDF, there is apparently you get two pixels that show over the text that follows the auto numbering.  Never had this issue in Frame 12 output, and submitted a bug to Adobe but who knows what will happen with that.

Also, been searching high and low with little success on how to output Responsive HTML5 output that defaults to a launch page other than "index.html" OR how to change that name and keep the help functioning (even searched the code files in output for any reference but was unable to find anything).  In an ideal world we would be able to have engineers update help file links to that, but it's not an ideal world and for some reasons we do need to support different "launch" files for the same projects.  Anyone know if this can be changed?

Thanks!

-        V

Victoria J. Wroblewski
Technical Writer
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc.