[Framers] Save as PDF

Austin Meredith kouroo at kouroo.info
Sat Aug 19 14:43:07 PDT 2017

   I use "Save as PDF" in FrameMaker 2015 unstructured, to create Adobe
   Acrobat Pro DC documents, and put them on the web at "www . kouroo .
   info". They work fine with the Internet Explorer browser. Recently,
   however, the Google Chrome browser stopped working, in that when it is
   now used to open one of my PDF documents, the links generated by
   FrameMaker, such as gotoframefitwin /kouroo/webpage.fm, no longer
   function.

   Fortunately, there is a ready solution. There are now Google Chrome
   browser extensions that teach the new Chrome to read Acrobat PDFs and
   correctly interpret these FrameMaker links. There are a number of them,
   free, at

   [1]https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdf-viewer/oemmndcbldboieb
   fnladdacbdfmadadm

   and at

   [2]https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/pdf%20viewer?hl=en

   The problem seems to be that Google has done this to its very latest
   versions of Chrome without warning, that these new PDF extensions are
   as yet very poorly documented and hard to find, and that most users who
   rly on the fast Chrome browser as their interface to the internet have
   no clue even that they exist or that something has gone wrong. When
   they try to access one of my PDFs now, they complain bitterly "Hey,
   Austin, damn it, your links are broken!" They are not warned what it is
   that is really going wrong -- that there is something they now need to
   install.