[Framers] Style mapping: Word to FrameMaker 2017

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Tue Dec 12 12:39:21 PST 2017

   1. Map all formats. ;-)

   2. Leverage the ability to search for the created formats to apply
   appropriate styles; then delete the now-unused, spurious styles with
   your plugin of choice or by hand.

   Disabling that feature would lead to what? The unmapped styles all
   getting Default Para Text...? I wouldn't want that because at least an
   ad-hoc, spurious style displays something that might tell you how to
   apply a proper style.

   [Side note: Isn't there a mapping row for "unmapped" or "all others" in
   the Ref Pages? Or am I conflating FM with another tool stack?]

   David