[Framers] Style mapping: Word to FrameMaker 2017

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 12:40:33 PST 2017

Pat,

You cut and paste the contents for your newly made FM file and paste it into a template that defines only the formats you mapped. Then import the para, char and table formats from the template to itself with remove overrides selected.

That should get rid of any of the excess formats. (I've done this in the past and it worked moderately well.)

Craig

________________________________
________________________
From: Pat Christenson <[1]Pat.Christenson at morningstar.com>
   If you're importing a Word document into FrameMaker 2017, is there a
   way to disable the feature that adds unmapped formats to the FrameMaker
   paragraph, character, and table catalogs?
   Thanks.
   Pat Christenson
   Senior Technical Writer, Client Education
   Morningstar, Inc.

Send messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com
FrameUsers.com | The Adobe FrameMaker Online Reference Site<http://www.frameusers.com/>
www.frameusers.com
Adobe FrameMaker software is a template-based authoring and publishing solution for unstructured, structured, and XML/DITA content. There is a large and loyal ...