[Framers] RESULTS: Up for discussion: changing Framers' default Reply-To behavior

FrameUsers Admin carol at frameusers.com
Fri Feb 3 10:49:43 PST 2017

During the last week, I've gotten good responses, both on-list and
off-list, to my request for comments about changing Framers' default
Reply-To behavior from Reply to Poster to Reply to List. Thank you
all so much for being involved in this decision.

By a majority of two to one, respondents would rather have messages
automatically reply to list.

Therefore, I plan to change the default reply-to setting for this
group to Reply to List. I will initiate this change on FEBRUARY 12
and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully no one is emailing content that
they'd be embarrassed by, regardless of who receives it. Slow down
and don't be so quick to hit Send. Anytime you're sending an email of
substance, take a minute to make sure that it says what you want it
to and that it's addressed to the person or group you want to read
it. In a world of instant communication, old-fashioned proofreading
is the most powerful weapon you have against embarrassing emails.

And please don't be put off by the idea of sharing your email with
the entire group. This is an extremely friendly bunch of people who
do not bash posters they disagree with. We have very informative
discussions on the pros and cons of a lot of ideas and solutions.

I'm excited at the idea of having more posts shared with the group
that were previously, either intentionally or accidentally, sent only
to the original poster. After all, the purpose of this group is to
share information.

Carol Elkins
List Mom