[Framers] FrameMaker CMYK workaround

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:12:21 PST 2017

Hi Rick

I knew it! That old CMYK bug again. ;-)

Color *conversions* from one color space to another are not really
accurate, so you may want to do a color *remapping* instead, i.e. remap
given RGB colors to predefined CMYK values (usually a company's color).

The Enfocus PitStop plug-in for Acrobat can do color remapping and most
professional printers these days have PitStop (or similar preflighting
tools) to check and fix the colors before the documents are printed, so we
(the PDF creators) don't really have to worry about color spaces and color
separations anymore:

http://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGuide/PP/10/enUS/en-us/concept/co_remap_color.html

But yes, it would be nice if Adobe could fix that CMYK bug.

Cheers

Yves Barbion
www.flowtime.be