[Framers] Structured Adobbe FrameMaker 11 - HTML tag conversion Using xsl

George, Brenda BGeorge at federatedinv.com
Mon Jan 23 06:10:46 PST 2017

I posted the following issue to the W3 Schools Forum last week, but have not received a response to date:

I work with xml files that are imported into Structured Adobbe FrameMaker 11 using an importing application that was created internally.

I am working with an xml documents that have html tags embedded in them. The character entities that are embedded in the html need to be converted to tags:

For example, the following character entities are part of the html:

’

—

I need to perform these conversions
Convert '’' to '’'

Convert '—' to '—'

Convert ' ' to ' '

I have successfully converted these 3 character entities in the DTD by adding entity declarations. For example:
<!ENTITY rsquo "’">

I will be receiving these xml documents frequently, and the html text changes, so there will probably be additional character entities (beyond the 3 above) that require conversion.

Is there another way to perform these character entity conversions without having to add an entity declaration in the DTD for each one?

Thank-you for any assistance that you can provide.

Brenda George
Desk: (724) 720-8491
bgeorge at federatedinv.com<mailto:bgeorge at federatedinv.com>

Unless notified to the contrary by the sender, the recipient should consider the contents of this message including any attachments to be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please contact Federated Investors immediately by forwarding this email to notify at federatedinv.com and then delete this message from your system. Saving, copying or disseminating an inadvertently received email could violate state and Federal privacy laws. All emails received by or sent from Federated may be provided to regulators or law enforcement agencies, or used for other purposes consistent with Federated's business interests. Thank you for your cooperation.