[Framers] Question about differentiating heading levels

Shmuel Wolfson shmuelw1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:43:47 PST 2017

Rule number 1: Never work from scratch.

Find a manual online that looks good to you, and save the PDF as a Word
file. The headings in the Word file will be the same size as in the PDF.
You could use this as a starting point. This is the best way to get over
the writers' block of working from scratch.

Once when I was writing a manual for a new product, I asked the client
for a similar manual to use as a basis. He told me this is totally new
product. I asked him for something even remotely similar. He gave me the
Word files of another manual and it was much easier than working from
scratch.

--
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer