[Framers] Mysterious error when trying to open a FrameMaker file

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Tue Jul 18 11:52:19 PDT 2017

Hi all:

My co-worker gets this message when she tries to open one particular file in a book:

"This document has been damaged. This may have been caused by a text translator during a file transfer."

The file is stored in CVS, a file versioning system. When I check out the same file (as far as I know, it should be the same in all respects), I don't get this error and I can open the file.

She can open the book file and all the other files in the book. Any idea what might be wrong here and how to fix it?

I tried "Wash via MIF" already and that didn't work.

Fei Min Lorente
Business Process Analyst
Medical and Wireless Division
feimin.lorente at onsemi.com<mailto:feimin.lorente at onsemi.com>
+1 519-884-9696 ext. 2297 | Waterloo office
+1 519-831-4931 | mobile
+1 905-631-5724 | fax
www.onsemi.com<http://www.onsemi.com/>