[Framers] Save as PDF

Austin Meredith kouroo at kouroo.info
Tue Jul 25 16:43:23 PDT 2017

   My fantasy is that there has been a storm of protests from PDF users
   and Adobe is in panic mode, struggling to fix the problem they've just
   created. Does that sound like Adobe, or like a dream?

   > Which file format do you use for your images? Are all image formats
   blurry now?

   Yes, they are uniformly blurred.

   > Do you get this effect with all files with such images?

   Yes, suddenly all my new files are blurred like this.

   > Do you use RGB or CMYK? What happens, if you select the other colour
   mode?

   I've always used RGB, so the first thing I tried was to use CMYK. That
   didn't help at all.

   > Do you know, if also other users with this Acrobat update get PDFs
   with blurry images?

   No, I don't know. I wish I did know.

   > When was this upgrade installed?

   Last Thursday night.

   > Does this relate only to FrameMaker, or also to Save as PDF from
   other applications, such as Word?

   I don't know. I wish I did know.