[Framers] SOLVED: Fuzzy images in "Save as PDF"

Monique Semp monique.semp at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 26 15:27:04 PDT 2017

> The bottom line is, if you experience this problem, simply reset your
   local parameters file for Acrobat to "downsample=NO."

By "local parameters file", do you mean the joboptions file, and the three
(Color Images, Grayscale Images, Monochrome Images" separate "Downsample"
settings (which by default in my version are set to Bicubic Downsampling)
under the Images set/tab for a given jobpptions? I don't have a "YES" option
for these, but I do have an "Off" and three options for downsampling
(Bicubic, Average, and Subsampling).

So I'm wondering if my different options are due to a different
FrameMaker/Distiller/Acrobat version (I've got Tech Comm Suite 2015 and
Acrobat Pro DC) or if I'm not looking at the same thing that you meant. Or
maybe the different Acrobat Compatibility options trickle down to providing
different downsampling options?

Thanks for enlightening us!
-Monique