[Framers] FrameMaker vs InDesign

Mikey Shine mikeyshine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:22:55 PDT 2017

My company has informed me that they’d like to switch one of our major publications over from FrameMaker to InDesign. If conversion is not an option, they wouldn’t be opposed to rebuilding the entire publication from scratch as an InDesign document.

Has anyone gone through this process before? What were some hurdles that were faced?

Outside of that can anyone enlighten me with pros/cons for having this publication remain a FrameMaker document vs moving it to InDesign?

Thanks in advance for your help!