[Framers] OT: Stopping Adobe's auto install of Reader DC

Frank Stearns franks at fsatools.com
Wed Mar 1 09:18:24 PST 2017

This is getting insane. Four times now, behind my back, Adobe has
"upgraded" Reader 11 to DC. NO updating controls than I can find are
set to auto. They're either set to "ask before updating" or disabled.

I keep removing DC and reinstalling 11 (you'd think Adobe would get
the message), but like a bad horror movie, the DC monster keeps coming
back.

Am I missing an update control somewhere? (Win7 Pro, SP1)

I recall seeing some apps designed to block Adobe from doing this, but
it seems ludicrous to have to do that (and who knows what's lurking
in those apps).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FrameMaker 10-15 HERE! ***
franks at fsatools.com  1-435-275-8981  fsatools.com