[Framers] Changing default save as

Shaw, Brian Brian.Shaw at dieboldnixdorf.com
Wed Mar 29 12:33:22 PDT 2017

Hi,
The team I work with are all using FrameMaker 2015, but during the course of this year, we'll all move to Fm 2017. The timing will be governed by the expiry of the 2015 licences, they vary quite a bit across the team, so we need a way to keep our files in the 2015 format until we've all converted. Yes, we can save as 2015, but that would be labourious considering how many times these files will be saved.
Is there a way to have Fm 2017 save by default as 2015. I've looked in the 2015 maker.ini file for a setting, but there doesn't seem to be anything there. Is there somewhere else, maybe a registry setting? I'm sure that this issue has been faced before, so how do teams get around this obstacle?
Thanks,

Brian Shaw
Technical Writer | Delivery Systems

Diebold Nixdorf
Phone +1 226 216 3728
Fax +1 519 679 6773

brian.shaw at dieboldnixdorf.com<mailto:brian.shaw at dieboldnixdorf.com>
DieboldNixdorf.com<http://www.dieboldnixdorf.com/>

[1_twitter_logo_24px]<https://twitter.com/DieboldNixdorf>   [2_facebook_logo_24px] <https://www.facebook.com/DbdNx>    [3_youtube_logo_24px] <https://www.youtube.com/user/DieboldInc>    [4_linkedin_logo_24px] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/diebold>    [5_blog_logo_24px] <http://blog.dieboldnixdorf.com/>