[Framers] Why do my ohm symbols keep turning into capital O?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon May 1 06:02:34 PDT 2017

Hmmm. ASCII was the wrong word. Apparently, I wanted ANSI. Sorry about the
confusion. Alt+234 (not 0234) on the numeric keypad is the correct shortcut
in both FrameMaker and other Windows programs for inserting the ohm
character into text. I've used the same key sequence in Word, and
PowerPoint. Interestingly, while it doesn't work in Notetab Lite, it does
work in Notepad++. Go figure.

Yes, I know that the ohm symbol is a capital omega. I happen to work in the
circuit design industry, so ohms are rather on my mind. :)

Even more interestingly, reinstalling the Myriad/Myriad Pro font set seems
to have resolved the issue. I hate not knowing why something's gone wrong,
but as long as it is now going correctly, I'll refrain from looking the
gift horse in the mouth. Too many other things to handle!