[Framers] ebook from FM12

techcommtools.com matt at techcommtools.com
Mon May 1 07:32:42 PDT 2017

I’ve used FrameMaker to create the EPUBS for all 3 versions of me Fm book
(the 2017 version hit Amazon last week)

Some additional points about my own EPUB experience
Amazon creates its own version of the EPUB, which I didn’t ask for, and which isn’t terribly great. That’s why I produce my own EPUB and distribute separately on my website.
There’s a fine balance between quality images in EPUB and file size. I haven’t created EPUB yet for my latest version, but plan on creating 2 versions (high res and low res) to let folks choose between portability (20Mb) and legibility (much more than 20Mb)
The EPUBCheck Validator is an optional “thing” but highly recommended
spaces in filenames, directories, and markers will bedevil your EPUB process, regardless of processing method

As Jeff noted, I wrote up the experience in the blog post below.

-Matt
Matt R. Sullivan
Tech Comm Tools

online courses <http://www.techcommtools.com/upcoming-courses/>  |  you can book me <https://mattrsullivan.youcanbook.me/>