[Framers] Custom graphic as bullet

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu May 18 08:13:36 PDT 2017

Hi Gillian,

You cannot use a graphic in the automatic numbering of your
list paragraph format. Pitty.
However, there are two other options:

o As others have suggested: Create a special list font with only a single character
  at the position of e.g. "n".
  This character should be your custom bullet.
  Then create a character format with this font.
  In your list paragraph format use n as your Autonumber and set your character
  format.

o On the reference pages create a graphic frame with your bullet.
  On the body pages create a paragraph format, e.g. bullet which uses this graphic frame
  as frame above.
  Set the Space below to e.g. -30 pt.
  Set the Next Pgf Tag to your list paragraph.
  In the list paragraph format set the space above to the same negative value, e.g. -30 pt.
  Give it a left indent, so that it starts at the right of the bullet.
  Now your second paragraph is pulled up to be to the right of the bullet paragraph.
  You will have to play with the space above/below values to get the two paragraphs aligned.
  And when you enter text in the list paragraph the text will be invisible first.
  The text will be printed or saved to PDF without any problem.
  To get it displayed on your monitor you must press CTRL+L.

Best regards

Winfried