[Framers] FM10 doesn't see Filename markers

Lynette Smirnov LSmirnov at SonicWALL.com
Tue May 30 11:10:28 PDT 2017

Colleagues-

I'm having an issue with some FileName markers and hope someone can help. We are using FrameMaker 10 in an unstructured environment.

                We use FileName markers to tag content that will become help when we run our FrameMaker files through WebWorks. On this particular document, the files are not being generated for some reason, so I started diagnostics by trying to validate the markers. If I run a List of Markers (marker type = FileName), only the marker from Chapter 2 is picked up; none of the markers from Chapter 1 are listed. If I used the Find command to search for Marker of Type: filename. I can find all 9 of the markers in Chapter 1 through the search. I even deleted the markers and entered new ones. Again none of the markers from chapter 1 appear in the List of Markers.

Is there a setting in the file somewhere that disables the markers?

Appreciate any ideas,
Lyn

[signature]