[Framers] Extendscript: Suppress console logging (FM 2017)?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Wed Nov 22 08:35:38 PST 2017

I'm updating a large book via Extendscript. In FrameMaker 2017, is it
possible to suppress console logging, or at least prevent the console
pane from opening?

I set FS_ShowBookErrorLog and FP_UseFMConsoleForErrorLog to "false".
Nonetheless, the console pane always opens and shows my stream of
unavailable font messages. The large number of streaming messages
appears to slow performance considerably.

If there's a way to do this, or another approach I should consider, I
would be grateful to hear it.

Thanks!

-Alan

--