[Framers] [WTF ramemaker] RE: Anyone know of a way to include a non-breaking hyphen/dash in a variable definition?

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Tue Oct 10 11:36:15 PDT 2017

How about:
     \x15
...or:
     \x2011
...?
\x15 is a VERY old way to do it, but perhaps not hamstrung yet? The \x2011 is me guessing at a way the modern Unicode hex value could be inserted for interpretation by FM.
Alternately, type one or insert one using the symbols palette, copy it, and see if it pastes into the definition?

There's GOT to be a way... similarly, thinspace is often a critical one, for volatile (or scoped/personalized) measurements and their units of measure.

HTH;
David

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [Framers] [WTF ramemaker] RE: Anyone know of a way to include a non-breaking hyphen/dash in a variable definition?