[Framers] Frame alone or Adobe too?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon Apr 16 07:49:17 PDT 2018

FrameMaker, which includes a subset of Acrobat and RoboHelp features,
is $1000. The PDF settings let you specify the start page:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2017/using/using-framemaker-2017/frm_generating_output/Configure_PDF_settings-.htm

For $1700, you can get Adobe Technical Communications Suite, which
adds full Acrobat Pro, full RoboHelp, and Captivate. One useful
addition to FrameMaker in TCS is a "Save as review PDF" command, which
generates a comment-enabled PDF.

Or you could subscribe to Adobe Creative Suite, which includes Acrobat
Pro as well as PhotoShop and Illustrator, which might be more useful
than the TCS apps.

Hard to say which is the best choice without knowing your exact requirements.