[Framers] New paragraph tag revert back in TOC when book is updated

David Artman david at davidartman.com
Thu Apr 19 10:37:35 PDT 2018

   I suggest you forget about the Heading 2 Special and do it The Right
   Wayâ¢.

   Heading 1:

   <n+>.< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>\t

   Heading 2:

   <n>.<n+>.< =0>< =0>< =0>\t

   [You are unclear--between you code examples and your rendering
   examples--whether or not you want a period after every numbering
   structure, so I'll assume that you do.]

   Heading 3:

   <n>.<n>.<n+>.< =0>< =0>\t

   Heading 4:

   Heading 5:
   Notice that the < =0> reset to zero without displaying the building
   block value. Viz:
   [1]https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/using/index.html#t=usin
   g-framemaker-2015%2Ffrm_page_layout_pl%2FLists_and_autonumbering-.htm
   This method relies on resetting paragraph number each chapter in your
   book (to make first building block = 0); but it does not require
   multiple styles for each heading to reset other numbering structure
   parts to 0.
   IMO, the only reason one should use multiple styles for the same
   'thing' is if you want different padding or coloration or something.
   And I only use "First" styles (common in step numbering) to change
   Space Before Pgf compared to normal step styles [FWIW].
   Finally, unless you  have a style rule (.gov means probably so!), I'd
   find yourself diving down to H5 and lower. A string of period-separated
   numbers can become eye-melting with the wrong typeface and the right
   numbers (all 1s; 3s, 8s, and 9s; and so forth).

   HTH;

   David