[Framers] FrameMaker 2017 - Pros, cons and import from Word

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:45:08 PDT 2018

You could probably run the template through saving as RTF and then
importing into Frame to get the basic styles converted to tags, although
I've never done that. Word and Frame handle numbering very differently, and
that could cause an issue if that's all you do. Whoever set up the Word
template might also have used Word's Figure and Table captioning tool,
which could cause issues if you want chapter numbers included as part of
the figure or table numbering.

When I've done it, I've always had a built-from-scratch Frame template set
up with tag names identical to the Word style names. You'll still do some
hand-editing, but it would get you about 85-90% of the way.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Caroline Tabach <caroline.tabach at gmail.com

Lin Sims