[Framers] Transfer from FrameMaker into Word

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:33:07 PDT 2018

Another thought is that if your version of Frame is old enough (Frame 10 or
11, I think?), you can use Mif2Go to make a clean conversion from MIF to
RTF. I've never really used Mif2Go, though, so I can't tell you whether the
out-of-the-box conversion will do what you need or if it needs to be
tweaked. Since Jeremy's death, Mif2Go has become freeware; but as far as I
know, no one has had the opportunity or know-how to update it to today's
API. It can be downloaded from Github:

https://github.com/omsys-dev/original-source

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Kevin Ryan <kryan at harriscomputer.com>
wrote:

> I would advise against using Acrobat's "Save as Microsoft Word" function.
> When I tried this, Acrobat would produce an exquisite-*looking* copy of my
> PDF.  But the moment I'd try to edit the file in Word, the layout would do
> silly things like wrap off the page into oblivion.  I call it the "House of
> Cards" conversion as it looked great until I touched it and it imploded.
> Lots of disconnected text boxes with no flow.
>
> Kevin Ryan
>

> Kevin Ryan
> Technical Writer, Research & Development
> P: 802-865-1170x82412
> F: 802-865-1171
> E: kryan at harriscomputer.com
> 426 Industrial Avenue Suite 140
> Williston, Vermont
> 05495
> www.ssivt.com
> This message has been sent on behalf
> of a company that is part of the Harris Operating Group of
> Constellation Software Inc. These companies are listed
> here
> .
> If you
> prefer not to be contacted by Harris Operating Group
> please notify
> us
> .
> This message is intended exclusively for the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication
> may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or
> confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are
> not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
> retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you
> have received this message in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the
> message.

> listinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.com

Lin Sims